Friday, July 8, 2011

DAY 37: GAA Sports Day


Hello Team!

There is no better greeting after a day like today! the history and Society class got together for some good old Irish fun, and I am not talking about drinking! Instead, we went to the local GAA club to learn how to play Gaelic Football and Hurling.

Though I was certainly not the best of the field, I had fun in the rainy turf. The games were rough, but not broken bones today - though we did break a hurl (or hurling stick). The photo above is Rebecca and myself in front of the field after two hard games!

Afterword we had a quick check-in with Dr. Mark O'Brien, for our internships. It was nice to hear about what everyone was doing! Most of the group than packed up to go north for the weekend, but I have work this weekend helping with lighting at the Kennedy Pub. I sit here how avoiding the paper I need to work on!

No comments:

Post a Comment