Tuesday, July 19, 2011

DAY 48: Bog, Openning, and the IMMA


I left out some exciting news from Friday; I went to Causey Farm to explore the Irish experience. This included baking Irish soda bread, milking a cow, and (my favorite part)a mud bath in the bog. This was some of the best fun I have had this entire summer. We jumped into a large ditch which was dug out of the bog. About 12 of us changed into old clothing and preceded to jump into the large pile of mud and covered each other with it. The muck is supposedly great for your skin and therefore we spent somewhere around an hour and a half throwing mud at each other. See photos on Flickr.

The next day Ashely and I visited the Botanical Gardens of Ireland! We have so many wonderful photos from there and I am planing to put them up on flickr asap. We saw the rose gardens, the cacti, and (Ashely's favorite) the ferns. I like the ferns because it makes me feel like I am a dinosaur!

After our botanical exploration, we took the Luas to CumDrum to see Harry Potter with some great friends of Ashely's. They group was great and we ended the night with a trip to TGIFriday's, (which reminded me of home).

Sunday was a lazy day and i needed it before Monday, the official opening of the play Nuts and Bolts. It went wonderfully - selling out the whole house of over 50 people. Deirdre is amazing, Colm made it look fabulous, and Micheal kept everything going.

Tuesday was today. After a few hours of work at the Focus, I grabbed my favorite Indian food and then went off to the IMMA(Irish Museum of Modern Art). I wish i could say it was amazing, but the small collection was only ok. There was one piece by Liam O'Callahan, named "chaos and dreams yet to come that was Phenomenal, but nothing else truly captured me, though the architecture of the museum was lovely.

Anywho, worked with Cillian and Ashely to help set up some stuff at DCU tonight and now i am going to bed. after some eggplant of course (i love eggplant)
night all

No comments:

Post a Comment