Friday, June 10, 2011

DAY 10: New Job


Hello all,

Sorry I haven't posted in the last days. Things have been a bit busy!

Yesterday I had class in the morning and then I hurried over to my interview at the Focus Theatre at 3pm. Unfortunately, there was a misunderstanding and my meeting was postponed until 530 that night. Between that time I helped out with the projection, met the cast of the play, which opened that night, had dinner and organized the back room a tad. Lets just say that there was no interview at 5:30, instead there was a welcome, and introduction, and I started work at that moment. I talked to the lighting/sound tech, helped with the coffee booth and even took care of the trash.

Oh did I mention how large me theater was? Let me see if I can make an analogy. If you imagine a very small elephant cage, it is about that size. We enter through the back ally and see 45 viewers. I Love IT. SO cute and so extraordinarily unafraid to put on amazing theatre! and totally non-profit~ (pictured above)

and my boss, Joe Devlin is known throughout Ireland for his wonderful artistic and directorial contributions to modern theatre.

anywho I worked and then saw the opening night of Francis and Frances, a very experimental play about Frances Bacon the painter, in the after world. Got home at 11pm. Then I went to the nubar - the bar on campus - and met up with some friends. we ended up meeting some wonderful people from the student union (including the upcoming president,Ed, and the tech director, Ashley).

1 comment:

  1. That theatre looks amazing. I love tiny, brave theatre spaces. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete