Wednesday, June 8, 2011

DAY 8: A Different Language


Dia dhuit! (That is the Irish traditional greeting)

Today was the secound day of class. We talked about modernization and the development of modern Ireland. I think it is really interesting to see how Ireland was such a late bloomer industrially (1970's). It is also kinda cool to see the American influences on the Irish popular and industrial culture.

After class we went downstairs to take a Gaelic/Irish Language class for about 45 min. The language is so beautiful sounding, not that I pronounced anything correctly. My favorite words were the once that were especially cute - such as the pet name love, which is 'a ghra' or treasure which is 'a thaisce'.

After that I grabbed a sandwich from the Spar and went to the internship class meeting, which told up all about how we would be graded for our internship.

once we had escaped/finished, I ran on over across the street to the Euro Spar to buy groceries and two bottles of wine. The sales guy is really nice, named max, and her told me that i better carry my wine is a brown bag. I appreciated the tip, since apparently before i looked like a wineo

anywho off to do homework. And the photo here is a photo of my friend Julia and I playing around at the Jail/Gaol - Penance and Sin

No comments:

Post a Comment