Monday, June 20, 2011

DAY 19: Back from the West


I am back from my three day trip to the West Coast of Ireland. It was both amazing and exhausting.

We left around 2:30pm on Friday, after class and director's forum. We made our way to Galway in about 3.5 hours, with some rest breaks. (I slept on the bus) We settled into our hostel and bought some pizza before going out to our Galway Pub Crawl, with a company that Caroline's (the leader of the trip/history teacher) cousin's had created. We stopped at 4 bars before I split, and the rest of the team went to the night club Karma. Patrick was lovely enough to walk me home/the the hostel, except that his sense of direction is only slightly better than mine and we got lost. We did find the river, which was ABSOLUTELY beautiful. After hanging out by the water for a while we took try number too to find our beds. This time we made it back perfectly.

The next morning we left the hostel at 9:30AM and headed to country Clare. We then visited the Cliffs of Moher, a fabulous view of some of the most beautiful cliffs I have ever imagined. It was also the place that they filmed the Princess Bride's Cliffs of Insanity. It was quiet windy, so we played with our scarves...

After the cliffs we visited Caroline's family farm in Kilmara. We took a hike, visited flowers, cows, and puppies, and then had a homemade meal in her grandmother's converted home. Afterward we learned how to play hurling - I wasn't that bad at all. We spent the night in a local small town, where some people went out to drink, but I took the night to relax and read my book.

The next morning we slept in a bit and then walked around Galway for a while. I bought an orange hat, a black tool belt, and a slice of rhubarb pie, with ice cream. We then returned home, arriving about 7pm. I then hurried to take a shower and went down to the DCU Student Venue to help Ashley with a focus - it was so nice to get up on the ladder and get to work - I had been missing it.

Yesterday I had work at Bewley's lunch theatre, where I helped set up the lighting for the new show 47 Roses. I then was lucky enough to stay for the opening showing. It was wonderful and I highly recommend it.

So today I have a slow day - which is great - I need it!
I miss you all

DEV

No comments:

Post a Comment